The new .app open TLD name, creates a new home on the web for mobile apps, web apps, progressive web apps, desktop apps and web developers- anything that has anything to do with mobile apps. The .app domain further extends to landing pages, server end points, marketing pages and deep linking URLS that go directly into a specific piece of content.
Benefits of registering your .app domain:
- Your app URL is more memorable for your users.
- Your app URL is more meaningful and refers to your app.
- Increased branding opportunity and improved marketing on text restrictive platforms such as Facebook Advertising. For example: httml://www.vcrapp.co.za will now become httml://www.vcr.app
- All .app domains are HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security) compliant by default, increasing privacy and security.
- Domain name authenticity – prevents injected advertisers at hot spots and from service providers.
- Powerful API, such as Push Notifications are only available to HSTS registered domains.
- HSTS- which makes use of preloading in order to connect to HTTPS over other versions of your website such as HTTP means faster loading of the website.
- Increases browser efficacy, saving time, disk space and CPU cycles.
- Get your website certificates from cnmarketing.co.za
Tools on how to set up an HSTS compliant site:
- For a list of registered .app domain names go to https://www.registry.google/about/domains.html
- Lighthouse, provides audits that searches for mixed content https://developers.google.com/web/tools/lighthouse